COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Precision Endodontics has been here for you since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. To ensure your comfort and safety at our office, we have established guidelines in accordance with the College of Dental Surgeons (CDSBC), the BC Center for Disease Control as well as WorkSafe BC.
We will continually strive to minimize aerosol generation with high volume evacuators. To further clean the air, the office has been equipped with Surgically Clean Air purifier units to provide for continuous air exchange and to filter the air through HEPA filters and Germicidal UVC+ light. The technology will not only capture airborne contaminants but also actively kill airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores.
Patient Safety Measures:
- Only scheduled patients are permitted in the office
- Patient arrivals will be coordinated to minimize patient-patient interaction and to avoid patients using the waiting room
- Patients are requested to come by themselves unless they are a minor or require assistance due to disability or language issues
- All patient contact points (e.g. door handles, counters and all aspects of reception and treatment rooms) will be routinely disinfected prior to and after each patient
- Prior to Arrival:
- Patients are to complete a COVID-19 consent to treatment and declaration of health form
- All medical and consent forms can be completed by email and web form
- Patients are asked to wear freshly laundered clothes to their appointment
- On Arrival:
- Patients are asked to wear a mask when attending our office
- Patients will be provided hand sanitizer and have their temperature checked
- Patients will be provided with a pre-procedural mouth-rinse containing 1.5% hydrogen peroxide
Staff Safety Measures:
- Each staff member will be completing a COVID-19 self-assessment form each day
- We have always kept personal hygiene as a top priority and will continue to do so with frequent hand washing and sanitizing before, during and after each appointment
- The endodontist and the dental assistants will be wearing appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) approved by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC
As always, we remain committed to deliver the highest standard of care for our patients and continue to follow all Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines as approved by the CDSBC. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office.
Thank you very much for your support!